This winter the Trustpower brand will transition to Mercury, bringing the best of both brands together for customers.
Mercury will continue the good work Trustpower started, investing in and being an active supporter of Bay of Plenty communities through sponsorships and partnerships, including continuing to be a Strategic Partner and Platinum Member of Priority One. It will also continue to be a major employer in the Bay of Plenty.
Bay of Plenty-based Mercury General Manager Customer Operations, Fiona Smith, says she’s incredibly excited about the opportunities bringing together the two brands presents.
“I worked for Trustpower for nearly 27 years and was very happy to join with Mercury in 2022. I’m incredibly proud of what we achieved as Trustpower, from our success in bundling after becoming the first retailer to bundle fibre and electricity together, to our support for local communities,” she says.
“Now, as we transition the Trustpower brand to Mercury, we will keep the best of Trustpower, plus additional benefits will be on offer soon – the future is bright indeed.”
Locals will simply see an influx of Mercury yellow! The Trustpower Community Fund will become the Mercury Community Fund, Trustpower Baypark will be rebranded to Mercury Baypark, our office on Durham Street will likewise be rebranded to Mercury and other local signage and logos will be updated to the Mercury brand.
There’re many benefits of bringing the brands together under Mercury, Fiona says.
“Coming together under the Mercury brand will build better experiences for our customers. This includes adding material value for our customers in terms of convenience and the delivery of innovative and exciting products.”
The brand transition follows Mercury’s acquisition of Trustpower’s retail business in May 2022.
The Trustpower brand transition to Mercury
What stays the same:
- Trustpower customers’ plans, services and benefits will continue under the Mercury brand.
- Eligible TECT beneficiaries in Tauranga will continue to receive this rebate from TECT under Mercury.
- 100% NZ-based customer service.
- Support for local community and employment in the region.
- Trustpower branding will change to Mercury nationwide. This includes Trustpower Baypark which will become Mercury Baypark and the Trustpower office on Durham St which will be rebranded to Mercury.
- Additional benefits will be on offer soon.